Latest Processing Facility Attack Demonstrates 'Zero Protected Areas in the Russian Distant Backlines'
Ukrainian drones have struck the Russian Bashneft refinery in the city of Ufa, located some 1,400 km from Ukraine, resulting in detonations and a blaze, according to a source in Ukraine's Security Service.
This represents the third Ukrainian security service deep strike in Bashkortostan in the last month. These operations illustrate that there are no safe places in the distant backlines of the Russia.
Ukrainian President Urges US President to Facilitate Ceasefire in the Conflict
President Zelenskyy urged President Trump to facilitate a truce in the Ukrainian conflict in a call on Saturday.
"Provided that a hostilities can be ended in a particular zone, then surely other wars can be halted as well, covering the Russian aggression," Zelenskyy stated, commending the US President's "exceptional" Gaza ceasefire plan and requesting the President to pressure the Russian government into talks.
Moscow's Attacks Kill Lives in Ukraine
Russian attacks on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of five people on the weekend and caused blackouts to parts of Ukraine's southern Odesa region, according to Ukrainian officials.
Two civilians lost their lives inside a place of worship in Kostyantynivka when it was hit, as reported by local authorities.
In the Russian adjacent territory of Belgorod, a lorry operator was lost his life by a Ukrainian strike, per regional authorities.
Energy Repair Efforts in Kyiv
Work continued on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in Kyiv, after Russian attacks.
Power had been restored to in excess of 800,000 residents by Saturday and the biggest private energy company stated the key operations to recover electricity was finished though partial blackouts remained.
Air Defence Efforts and UAV Downings
The Ukrainian defense forces intercepted or jammed 54 of seventy-eight enemy drones launched towards Ukraine in the dark hours, the air force said on Saturday.
The Russian defense officials stated it shot down forty-two Ukrainian drones over its own soil.
Cuba Refutes Claims of Sending Troops to the War
Havana on Saturday refuted US allegations it has sent troops to engage in the Ukraine war, while declaring Cuban authorities "lack precise data about Cuban nationals" engaged "voluntarily" or "within the troops of both sides".
The foreign ministry in Havana announced 26 Cubans had been given prison terms to prison terms varying between 5 to 14 years for mercenary involvement since the autumn of 2023 when reports circulated of Cuban nationals being dispatched to the battlefield in Ukraine.
I Want to Live Initiative Reveals Data on Cuban Involvement
I Want to Live, a Ukrainian government program that encourages adversaries to give up, reported in May: "We have confirmed the names and personal details of one thousand and twenty-eight Cuban nationals who signed contracts with the Russian military in the past two years."
The Cuban foreign ministry said of Cubans who might be participating: "Undeniably that none of them have the support, commitment, or consent of the Cuban state for their activities."
Kin of Cuban nationals who departed to Russia in the year told news outlets at the time that their loved ones had been deceptively recruited through promotions on online platforms.